Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Smothered Grilled Chicken

I got the idea for this recipe from one of the blogs I read.  My recipe is much more simple than the one I got the idea from, but it has the same yumminess under all that melted cheese.

2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 large onion
1 lb sliced mushrooms
1/4 lb bacon cooked into bits
4 slices Havarti cheese (you can use your favorite cheese)

Before you cook your chicken, you need to ....
1. Cook the bacon and cut into bits.
2.. Thinly slice onion and caramelize in 1 tsp oil.
3. Saute mushrooms. (I used butter and garlic salt)

Season and cook your chicken breast on the grill. I just used S&P and a little Ms. Dash.
Once chicken is cooked, pile on onions, mushrooms and bacon.  Cover each breast with 2 slices of cheese, let melt and ...  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment