Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Time News

I'm excited to announce two new items I will be adding to my blog.

First - We are planting a garden this year.  The kids and I are very excited ( I think Matt is too) to get our hands dirty and plant our own food this year.  We are also going to be doing some over hauling to our yard and installing a rain water system so we can preserve water and utilize the rain water to water our garden.  We are combining resources with our neighbor Lynda, so we should have some really good produce coming out of our gardens.  I will post "before" pictures of the areas we will be working in and post pictures of our progress and what we've grown and what we've done with the produce.

Second - I'm going to redecorate our Home.  I've gotten the OK from our landlord to paint the entire house on their dime. (How exciting is that?!?!) And they are also going to refinish the hardwood floors in the dining room and living room.  I will post before and after pictures of each room as it is done.  I'm going to start painting in the dining room and kids room.  Madalynn has been begging me to paint their room for months, she picks out paint chips every time we go to a home store.

So, my spring will be busy as will our summer.  I'm really excited and looking forward to seeing it all completed.  And I know, I haven't kept up on my cooking blogging, but I promise to get back into the swing of things and continue my Italian cooking this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment