Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jessica's Ranch Beans

Sometimes when I'm putting a recipe together, I amaze myself.  And these beans are one of those times.  I was very happy with the way they turned out, and I have to say are some of the best beans I've every tasted. Oh, and to warn you, these can be spicy depending on how hot your pepper is.  If you don't want spicy beans, use a green pepper.

You will need;
1 - 15oz can Baked Bean
1 - 15oz can Great Northern Beans, drained & rinsed
1 - 15oz can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
2 tbsp BBQ rub (see Kansas City Rib recipe)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays Original)
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1 small poblano pepper, seeded & finally chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced

Saute onion, pepper and garlic for 3-4 minutes.  Add beans and remaining ingredients.  Cook for 15-20 minutes on low heat.  Makes 4-6 servings.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment